How to talk to CIOs
Episode 3: June 7, 2022
What’s the best way to reach tech buyers when they want to be reached? How do IT executives field proposal packages from new prospective vendors? And how do you do all this while building relationships that foster trust?
Veteran CIO Randi Levin shared her buying experiences in leadership at NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, NBC Universal, Walt Disney, and the City of Los Angeles. Moderating the conversation was Beth Kormanik, Manager of Content Development, Foundry who shared her perspectives on how tech marketers can get through the door to reach their most valuable contacts.
- How do you learn about new technology? What events does your team attend and how do you choose them?
- What's the best way for suppliers to communicate with executive ITDM's?
- Under what circumstances do you personally meet with vendors? How does that engagement get started?
- What kinds of communication from vendors do you personally engage with? What is most helpful from your strategic providers?
- Who are the key stakeholders on your team when it comes to the bulk of engagement with suppliers?